Monday, October 26, 2015

Review of the film: Bridge of Spies

Bridge of Spies

Directed by Steven Spielberg

Rating: 5 Glasses

I think we should all just know what to expect when Steven Spielberg and Tom Hanks work together....Brilliance! This is a loooong movie but it doesn't feel like it. The film has excellent pace and the characters keep you interested. Tom Hanks gives an Oscar worthy performance as the American lawyer (Jim Donovan) tasked with first defending a soviet spy then with trading said spy for one of our own spies captured by the Soviet Union. I couldn't look away for the entire almost three hours of the film. I am not very familiar with the actual facts of this real life situation so I cannot comment on the authentic nature of the film however it has intrigued me to learn more. I will have to talk about it again when I learn more about the facts in the situation.

Until then however this is a must watch!

Ana

No comments:

Post a Comment

October Debate: Hulu Vs. Netflix

Which is better? Netflix or Hulu! Check out the video and let me know your thoughts :)