Friday, October 9, 2015

I wanted to take a moment and give everyone a little insight into my world. I recently self-published my first novel and it has been quite the experience. Going it alone can be scary but also very rewarding. I never got into writing to try to "make it rich" I just enjoyed the creative outlet. It took me over 5 months to get Marie ready to share with the world and even then I was still apprehensive, "Will they like it?" "Will anyone actually buy it?" "Will I be laughed at?" All those thoughts along with about a thousand more ran through my head as I prepared Marie join the world of Amazon. However it is those fears that stop so many people from following their dreams as well. So I finally just sucked it up and put it out there and to my surprise people actually liked it!!! I felt like Sally Field at the Oscars. It motivated me to keep working and to keep dreaming big. My second novel "James" which is the follow up to Marie is in the editing faze and will be ready by Christmas.

I'm sharing this because I want to encourage everyone to not give up on their dreams no matter how big or how small. I'm not giving up, it's not in my nature :)

Ana

No comments:

Post a Comment

October Debate: Hulu Vs. Netflix

Which is better? Netflix or Hulu! Check out the video and let me know your thoughts :)