Friday, September 2, 2016

Film Friday: Soaked in Bleach

Soaked in Bleach

Directed by: Benjamin Statler

Staring: Daniel Roebuck, Sarah Scott, August Emerson


The Breakdown: Tom Grant, a private investigator once hired by Courtney Love, reveals his take on the death of Kurt Cobain.   (From IMDB)


My Review:
I want to start by saying I have no opinion on if Kurt Cobain committed suicide or was murdered and this film did not convince me to change my stance. It was very one sided and was basically trying to say it wasn't suicide but it gave no evidence as to who committed that crime. It paints Courtney Love as very unstable and drug addicted, which is something I do not doubt about her. However if so how was she able to organize a murder so successfully that it would be classified a suicide? I don't know and despite this film being well put together it just causes more questions and answers none. There is no real evidence presented other than Courtney Love, a drug addict (per the film), had inconsistent statements. The big win in this film were the performances by the actors/actresses in the re-enactments. They kept me watching the film! At the end of the day not a bad documentary but lacked substance and new information.


Rating: 3.5 Glasses

No comments:

Post a Comment

October Debate: Hulu Vs. Netflix

Which is better? Netflix or Hulu! Check out the video and let me know your thoughts :)