Friday, September 9, 2016

Film Friday: Now You See Me 2




Now You See Me 2

Directed by: Jon M. Chu

Staring: Jesse Eisenberg, Dave Franco, Morgan Freeman, Woody Harrelson, Mark Ruffalo, Lizzy Caplan


The Breakdown: The Four Horsemen resurface and are forcibly recruited by a tech genius to pull off their most impossible heist yet.   (From IMDB)


My Review: I loved the first film so I was eager to see the second but it just didn't happen until it hit Vudu. Now having seen the first one made watching the second one possible. I don't think for one second you could follow the complicated plot without knowing what happened in the first. The villain would make no sense and it would leave you scratching your head. One of the things I really liked about the first one is the explanation as to how they did it. You don't get as much of that in this one but you do get some so that helps keep you intrigued in the stunts they pull. I am big fan of Mark Ruffalo and he never fails to deliver and in this go around he does a great job getting you to root for him and his band of magicians. Could it have been better? Yes. Could they have explained the ending a little better? Definitely! I actually ended the film confused and that is not a win for me, so I had to take away one but it is definitely worth you time to enjoy....as long as you have seen the first one!



Rating: 4 Glasses

No comments:

Post a Comment

October Debate: Hulu Vs. Netflix

Which is better? Netflix or Hulu! Check out the video and let me know your thoughts :)