Friday, September 30, 2016

Film Friday: Magnificent Seven


The Magnificent Seven

Directed by:  Antoine Fuqua


Staring: Denzel Washington, Chris Pratt, Ethan Hawke



The Breakdown:  Seven gun men in the old west gradually come together to help a poor village against savage thieves.   (From IMDB)


My Review:  The western is back! Or at least I hope it is. I love a good classic western and I was worried that we would get a western with a modern feel...and I did not. It was done in in the classic old western style and it felt like so much detail and work was put into keeping it classic and not trying to make it modern. The visuals were breathtaking and the acting superb. I really appreciate Antoine Fuque avoiding the pull to make it gory. It didn't need to be but with the large amount of violence he could have gone for the blood and guts angle but he didn't he stuck with the story and the characters being the main focus. Also thank you Mr Fuqua for avoiding animal violence and not filling scenes with dead and disfigured horses. I don't think I saw one. The characters were the focus and the scenery was there as a beautiful backdrop to the characters' stories. It is a must see and I really hope we get more westerns with the success of this film.
I do think it needs another title "How to go out like a boss! By: Chris Pratt"


Rating: 5 Glasses

No comments:

Post a Comment

October Debate: Hulu Vs. Netflix

Which is better? Netflix or Hulu! Check out the video and let me know your thoughts :)