Friday, May 13, 2016

Indie Film Friday: Spotlight


Spotlight

Directed by: Tom McCarthy

Staring: Mark Ruffalo, Michael Keaton, Rachel McAdams, Liev Schreiber, John Slattery, and Stanley Tucci

The Breakdown: The true story of the Boston Globe reporters who uncovered and exposed the scandal of child molestation by Catholic priests and the cover-up engineered by the Catholic Church.

My Review:
I have been dying to see this movie for a while but never got myself to the theater to see it. So I rented it and I was not disappointed that I did. I grew up catholic so was almost afraid of what I was learn from watching this movie and I was in fact disgusted. I knew about the scandal but to see it brought to the screen with such power was emotionally draining. I was brought to tears by the powerful performances and the way the story was put together. This film truly did deserve the Oscar and if you haven't seen it yet I don't know what you are waiting for.

Rating: 5 Glasses

No comments:

Post a Comment

October Debate: Hulu Vs. Netflix

Which is better? Netflix or Hulu! Check out the video and let me know your thoughts :)