Friday, May 20, 2016

Indie Film Friday: Concussion

Concussion

Directed by: Peter Landesman

Staring: Will Smith

The Breakdown: In Pittsburgh, accomplished pathologist Dr. Bennet Omalu uncovers the truth about brain damage in football players who suffer repeated concussions in the course of normal play. (From IMDB)

My Review:

This film tore me up. I love football but the information presented made me look at it in a totally different light. It left me conflicted. The reality of the sport and the damage it causes these players for entertainment was devestating. However with the information being public now the players know the dangers of the sport and continue to play anyway. It really is incredible the lengths we are willing to go to become the best at a sport that could in reality cause their death. I am not sure I will ever be able to enjoy football the same.

Rating: 4.5 Glasses

No comments:

Post a Comment

October Debate: Hulu Vs. Netflix

Which is better? Netflix or Hulu! Check out the video and let me know your thoughts :)