Friday, October 21, 2016

Film Friday: The Accoutant

TheAccountant

Directed by:  Gavin O'Connor


Staring: Ben Affleck, Anna Kendrick, JK Simmons



The Breakdown:  As a math savant uncooks the books for a new client, the Treasury Department closes in on his activities and the body count starts to rise.   (From IMDB)


My Review:I was in aw-stuck when I was watching this movie. Not just because it has an amazing story and well developed characters but also because it gave a very interesting an accurate picture of what someone with autism may go through on a daily basis. The scene of Ben Affleck's character as a boy becoming very upset that he cannot find the last piece of a puzzle and therefore cannot finish it was very real to me as I have seen a child go through the exact same situation. The scene of him having a sensory overload and lashing out and requiring pressure to calm down. I see that everyday. I work in a specialized autism school and seeing the all too real behaviors and stress that autism can place on a very gifted mind is heart breaking and Ben played it so well. This is not only an amazing action thriller but it also brings to light the lesser talked about side of Autism. I applaud the filmmakers and the performers and I encourage everyone to see it.  


Rating: 5 + Glasses

No comments:

Post a Comment

October Debate: Hulu Vs. Netflix

Which is better? Netflix or Hulu! Check out the video and let me know your thoughts :)