Friday, June 17, 2016

Indie Film Friday: Sicario

Sicario

Directed by: Denis Villenueve

Staring: Emily Blunt, Josh Brolin, Benicio Del Toro

The Breakdown: An idealistic FBI agent is enlisted by a government task force to aid in the escalating war against drugs at the border area between the U.S. and Mexico.  (From IMDB)

My Review:
I rented this and slacked on watching it but once I did I was not disappointed. Blunt is an amazing actress and Del Toro is always on point and their performances were amazing. The biggest complaint I have is the actual shooting of the film. Several scenes take place at night or at times when they are in places where light is limited. I get the authenticity but it was at times hard to see what was going on. I know sometimes the darkness thing can add but at times I felt like it took away from us seeing the performances. My complaint aside it is a great movie with a powerful story that keeps the viewer interested and intrigued about where the story will go next.

Rating: 4 Glasses

No comments:

Post a Comment

October Debate: Hulu Vs. Netflix

Which is better? Netflix or Hulu! Check out the video and let me know your thoughts :)