Friday, June 10, 2016

Film Friday: X-MEN Apocalypse

X-MEN Apocalypse

Directed by: Bryan Singer

Staring: James McAvoy, Michael Fassbender, Jennifer Lawrence, Nicholas Hoult, Oscar Isaac, Rose Byrne, Evan Peters

The Breakdown: With the emergence of the world's first mutant, Apocalypse, the X-Men must unite to defeat his extinction level plan. (From IMDB)

My Review:
Now I want to start this by pointing out that yes the X-MEN timelines in the films are very confusing. I get that and no I don't have a better explanation or understanding on how all the films fit together. However that does not take away my enjoyment of this film. I don't think they made any real errors in story or character. They give us strong characters and don't bog down the film with extensive back stories. I don't need a thirty minute "who is Jean Grey" we know who she is and where she came from this is the sixth X-Men film not counting the Wolverine films. I love the interactions between Alex and Scott as this is not something we were ever privy to before this film and seeing that for the X-Men fans was great. As usual McAvoy and Fassbender steal the film with amazing performance but I can't say that any of the star disappointed. I was cheering and gasping throughout the film and I already pre-ordered the digital version. It is in my top three of the X-Men films :)

Rating: 5 Glasses

No comments:

Post a Comment

October Debate: Hulu Vs. Netflix

Which is better? Netflix or Hulu! Check out the video and let me know your thoughts :)