Friday, July 29, 2016

Indie Film Friday: The Big Short



The Big Short

Directed by: Adam McKay

Staring: Christian Bale, Steve Carrell, Ryan Gosling, Brad Pitt

The Breakdown: Four denizens in the world of high-finance predict the credit and housing bubble collapse of the mid-2000s, and decide to take on the big banks for their greed and lack of foresight.   (From IMDB)


My Review:
I was interested in seeing the film from the first time I heard about it but I missed it in theatres. Lucky for me it showed up on Netflix. I was worried when I first started watching it and they were using terminology in relation to the stock market that I have to admit I was worried I would get lost. However very quickly the film gave us a funny but informational guide, thank you Margo Robbie for explaining it. I think breaking the forth wall was done beautifully and the seriousness was not lost within the jokes and quirky performances. Not one actor let me down and the guest appearances of actors as themselves was done brilliantly. I understood what happened to the housing market but to have it explained so well gave me a better understanding of the full impact from the perspective of those who were involved. It is an amazing film and I really recommend it for anyone, you won't be disappointed. 


Rating: 5 Glasses

No comments:

Post a Comment

October Debate: Hulu Vs. Netflix

Which is better? Netflix or Hulu! Check out the video and let me know your thoughts :)