Friday, January 6, 2017

Film Friday: Ghostbusters (2016)

Ghostbusters

Directed by:  Paul Feig


Staring: Melissa McCarthy, Kristen Wiig, Chris Hemsworth,Kate McKinnon, Leslie Jones



The Breakdown: Following a ghost invasion of Manhattan, paranormal enthusiasts Erin Gilbert and Abby Yates, nuclear engineer Jillian Holtzmann, and subway worker Patty Tolan band together to stop the otherworldly threat.    (From IMDB)


My Review: I am going to start this review with a disclaimer... I am not a die-hard Ghostbusters fan. I have seen the original films but no they are not holy to me. Is this film a masterpiece? No. Is is these actresses best film? No. Is it the worst film I have ever seen? No.  I love Kristen Wiig which is what got me to watch it in the first place...That and Chris Hemsworth is never a bad idea to spend a Saturday night with. It was cute and funny and completely unnecessary! I am a  bit tired of re-makes for the sake of remakes. They had an amazing cast of hilarious female leads and they took and old concept and threw them in it. You could have taken this same case and let Kristen Wiig loose and let her write something new and original and it would have been a much better use of the talent they had. I'm a bit heartbroken but this since it but a blemish on these actresses' amazing talent. They all deserved better.   


Rating: 2.5 Glasses

No comments:

Post a Comment

October Debate: Hulu Vs. Netflix

Which is better? Netflix or Hulu! Check out the video and let me know your thoughts :)