Friday, November 18, 2016

Film Friday: Doctor Strange



Doctor Strange

Directed by: Scott Derrickson


Staring: Benedict Cumberbatch, Tilda Swinton, Rachel McAdams, Chiwetel Ejiofor


The Breakdown: A former neurosurgeon embarks on a journey of healing only to be drawn into the world of the mystic arts.   (From IMDB)


My Review:I was so excited about this film. I am a huge Cumberbatch fan and to see him join the Marvel Universe gave me chills. He is such a talented actor and to have him bring to life one of my favorite characters put my expectations higher than ever before. He did not disappoint! Nor did any of the cast. With their reputation for making amazing films Marvel continues to attract top level actors and getting Tilda Swinton and Chiwetel Ejiofor just put this one over the top. I know a lot of people were mad about Tilda being cast because they know the ancient one as an elder Asian man. However what many of them fail to remember is that the title "The Ancient One" is not one specific person but a title given to many over the ages. To have it be a Celtic woman (per the film) I think was just a choice made on the director and screenwriter and I have no problem with it. I was glad to see Marvel give us another badass woman. Plus, come on, seeing Tilda kick but was awesome. It had its funny parts, amazing action, and had all the feels. It is a must see!


Rating: 5 Glasses

No comments:

Post a Comment

October Debate: Hulu Vs. Netflix

Which is better? Netflix or Hulu! Check out the video and let me know your thoughts :)